5853Re: Plavec records for Kanyuch[S-R] Digest Number 940

  • CPRAMUKA@aol.com
    Aug 1, 2002
      In a message dated 8/1/02 1:27:07 AM, SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com writes:

      <<I have been researching my family in Plavec and I found my great

      great grandfathers birth in 1821. I have noticed that after his

      fathers surname of Kanyuch it has alias and another name. I see this

      for a few other Kanyuch's also.>>

      I too have noticed the double names. I haven't found in my case any reason,
      but usually it has something to do with identifing one line of a surname from
      another. Sometimes it's a descriptive term or a maiden name somewhere in the
      line. Also be careful because sometimes the records drop one or the other
      surname, but it's still the same couple.

      Dee Taylor
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic