4927Re: [S-R] Bartosik

  • Mary Hudec
    Nov 1, 2001
      Hi Caye

      Being a Hudec I've heard of quite a few variations
      from "Hudec" to "Hudac","Hudek" etc. I'm from
      Wisconsin orginally but the only ones there our my
      direct relatives. I've been told that Hudec is a
      common name especially in Bratislava where my great
      grand parents are from. I've gotten as far back as
      1849 on the Hudec side but only know that Maria
      Bartosik came over alone sometime between 1910 and
      1918. It seems that quite a few young women came over
      on their own. Was arranged marriages between the new
      and old country common?

      Mary

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic