      From: John [mailto:jmatsko4@...]
      Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 7:58 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [S-R] Re : Austria-Hungary or Slovakia /Language

      At 06:02 PM 8/2/01 -0400, you wrote:
      >Hi
      >I'm researching the following names:
      >
      >Manyak or Monyak,Bodzer,Risko and Stoyka-some cities Drahova and Kevesliget
      >were seen on documents.
      >
      >Thanks!
      >Stephanie Monyak

      Limiting the search to towns in Slovakia, the closest I could get to
      Kevesliget is Kevice in Slovakia. The Hungarian word "liget" translates to
      "grove, wood, grounds, woods". Dargov was Dargo from 1863-1913, Dargov
      1920-1948, Drahov 1948-1964, and now Dargov. The "g" can have an "h" sound
      in Ukrainian and I believe eastern Slovakia. Which surnames are associated
      with which town?

      John