      From: "W. Scott Park" <scott.park@...>
      To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 7:10 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Parents of John Misura

      > I would like to know how to find out who the parents of John Misura were.
      The only information that was given to me was from his daughter. She says
      that he was born in Orava on December 13, 1882. Their religion was
      Lutheran. She claims that he came to the United States in 1903. His
      parents did not emigrate to America. I don't know his port of entry , but
      my mother was born in New York City in 1910. The EI passenger records list
      a Jan Misura of Galician ethnicity. Place of residence: Glimk. Date of
      arrival: 21 May 1902. Could this possibly be him? And with only this
      amount of information is it possible to find birth records, or baptism
      records or anything that would tell me who his parents were?