      Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:31 AM
      Subject: [S-R] Joseph Bellak

      I have at long last found what seems to be a family attachment to my g-grandfather Andrew Bellak.  The guy in question is one Joseph Bellak.  Joseph came to the US in 1888 and seems to have been a farmer and later a grocer in the Phoenixville, PA area (near Valley Forge).  The family name in current times has morphed to Bellock. Joseph died in 1938.  I've attached a copy of the PA death certificate.

      There is some pretty detailed information on the death certificate--it was probably provided by Joseph's wife Anna.  But his place of birth is only listed as Czechoslovakia, with no village given.  I have searched the online information on the familysearch.org website and can find no links between Joseph and Andrew.  My assumption is that for whatever reason they have not been indexed on that site.  But neither can I find any listing of John/Janos Bellak and wife Anna Gnocko (not sure of first letter), who are given as Joseph's parents.  I'd like to browse the online village records; but my nor being sure of Anna's surname presents lots of problem.  Bellak is a fairly common name; but Anna's isn't.  Most likely they were both from the eastern part of Slovakland in the general vicinity of Kosice.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what Anna's name may be or what village in which to look?

      Bob Shive