37740Re: [S-R] Pennsylvania Death Certificates Available

  • bassfantastic
    Apr 22, 2014
      The link for the PA Portal is an index of records for each year.  If you don't know the year, you have to search many until you find the death.  Also, this link only give your minimal information such as name, where they died, date of death and an index number.  It is not the actual birth record.   However, if you do find it there, you can take that index and find the actual birth record on Ancestry.com.  I do believe anyone with a paid membership regardless of where they live will be able to access the pa death certificates (you may need a world membership if you are outside the United States.  If you live in Pennsylvania you do not need an ancestry.com membership at all.

      If someone wants me to look up one for you between 1906 & 1924 I will.  Send me as much information as you have.  Such as first/last name, name of parents, date of death, date of birth.  If you do happen to look at the PA portal link and find a listing with an index number, please give me that and the year.  Send requests to thebrenda@... so as not to spam this group.

      Brenda

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic