37713Re: Travel from villages to departure ports of Bremen, Hamburg, and Antwerp

  • lovadina_karen
    Apr 3, 2014
      A very interesting book that I read about a year ago gives an account of the journey from the Carpathian Mountains ( in Spisska Nova Ves county I believe) to the port of departure in Bremen taken by the author's ancestors.  The book is titled "Hunky: The Immigrant Experience" by Nicholas Stevensson Karas.
      Good book that really details our ancestor's experience.  I highly recommend it.
      Karen
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic