37697Re: Ciroka Orfalu/Orfalu, Szent go tthárdi, Vas County, Hungary

  • francesmetcalf
    Mar 23, 2014
      Thanks for the link to the Jewish Gen website.  I'd been there before -- and Starina/Ciroka Ofalu are not included in their information -- I'm guessing because it was not actually a shtetl.  Other information I've recei ved so far from this Slovak Roots seems to indicate that this was a small village with a few Jewish families, not a central shtetl.  My grandfather always talked about the farm they lived on, so they weren't city dwellers.  But thanks for the suggestion
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic