37606Re: [S-R] Re: Pichne (Pihnye or Tuskes) Zemplin County Slovakia

  • simply_lisa
    Feb 14, 2014

      My great grandfather Mihaly Dzsupinka was born in Pichne, Slovakia in 1879.  In the old Greek Catholic Church record it lists Anna Horjak as one of his sponsors. He married my great grandmother Maria Kulcsar in Tokaj, Hungary.  He probably was there to work in the grape vineyards to earn money to come to the USA.  He came to the USA in 1903 and died in 1918 at the age of 43.   Pichne is a very small place and Dzsupinka is a rare name.  I have been researching my family tree for the past 15 years.  Have you seen Pichne's official website, it has some old photos of people long ago.

      One of the young men on it looks like my son, one looks like my mother and one looks like my uncle.  In my family Dzsupinka changed to Jupinka.  My grandmother Maria Jupinka married my grandfather Janos Gulyas.  There could be a good chance we are related somewhere back in Pichne.

    • Show all 36 messages in this topic