      From: MGMojher <mgmojher@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, 19 January 2014 9:28 AM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Translation help "she rests"in Slivsk

      Ta = female

      Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:40 AM
      Subject: [S-R] Translation help "she rests"in Slivsk

      Many years ago I posted on this forum for help to translate an inscription on an Greek Catholic ancestors grave stone .
      The inscription was  TU SPOVICA and I was told kindly it roughly translated to "he rests"

      Would anyone be able to translate this to "she rests". I can also be emailed at this address elainep141@...

      Many thanks in advance

      Sent from my iPhone
      On Jan 18, 2014, at 2:19 PM, steve_70196@... wrote:

      Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here.

      My cousin's ancestors, I've learned, appear to have come from Jablon, a small town in Slovakia. Are there resources I could use to possibly look up his ancestors in that area? Church resources, cemeteries, civil records, anything at all?

      His name was Janos Mato (pronounced "motto"). He was born around 1890. Location information that I have is "Jablon" and "Totalmad." Any sources of additional information would be excellent, thanks so much!

      Steve
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic