      Try the free website, stephenmorse.org
      He has links to just about everything!
      Mary in AZ

      On Monday, January 6, 2014 5:01 AM, "SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com" <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Czech and Slovak Republic Genealogy

      2 New Messages

      Digest #4789
      1a
      Re: Maria Varga Help Needed by "stibila@..." stibila@...
      1b
      Re: Maria Varga Help Needed by "Nick Kerpchar" ccknk

      Messages

      Sun Jan 5, 2014 4:14 am (PST) . Posted by:

      "stibila@..." stibila@...

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com, Nick Kerpchar <ccknk@.. .> wrote:

      > Rosemary,
      > I thought about that early-on in my research but did not have any success finding comprehensive sites similar to
      > the Ellis Island one. Do you know of online immigration databases for Baltimore and Canada?
      > Thanks for your suggestion.
      > Nick
      > ------------ --------- --------- --------- -----
      > On Thu, 1/2/14, Stibila ,Rosemary <stibila@ ...> wrote:
      >
      > Subject: [S-R] Re: Maria Varga Help Needed
      > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com
      > Date: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 7:24 AM
      >
      > Nick and Group Members:

      For Maria VargaYou may want to try NARA, it's a Govt site. There may be another Govt site that also has immigration records. For the other ports of entry to the US, that state may have records. Canada may be a bit harder to get info, but my Grandmother&# 39;s brother in law came from Poland to Canada, then moved to the US.
      Don't remember the time period, but massive amounts of the Bremen line records were somehow destroyed,relatives may have come on that shipper. Not sure, but I think there was a port in Texas also.

      Rosemary

      > Could be her
      > destination was not Ellis Island,  but Canada or other
      > ports in the US.

      Sun Jan 5, 2014 12:43 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      "Nick Kerpchar" ccknk

      Thank you for the suggestion. One of the ports in Texas was Galveston, and an earlier one was Indianola. Galveston was a very popular and busy
      port through the 1800s, but suffered a devastating hurricane in 1900. After that Houston became the most active port in Texas. I was old that the
      old immigrations building still stands in Galveston.
      Nick
      ------------ --------- --------- --------- -----

      Subject: [S-R] Re: Maria Varga Help Needed
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, January 4, 2014, 1:10 PM

      wrote:

      > Subject: [S-R] Re: Maria Varga Help Needed

      > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

      > Date: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 7:24 AM

      > Nick and Group Members:

      For Maria VargaYou may want to try NARA, it's a Govt
      site. There may be another Govt site that also has
      immigration records. For the other ports of entry to the US,
      that state may have records. Canada may be a bit harder to
      get info, but my Grandmother&# 39;s brother in law came from
      Poland to Canada, then moved to the US.

      Don't remember the time period, but massive amounts of
      the Bremen line records were somehow destroyed,relatives may
      have come on that shipper. Not sure, but I think there was a
      port in Texas also.

      Rosemary

      > Could be her

      > destination was not Ellis Island,  but Canada or
      other

      > ports in the US.

      The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog
      GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE