37311Re: [S-R] RE: Genealogy Bank

  • Monica
    Nov 13, 2013
      Thank you for this information I will create an account. Yes my mom would have applied for the marriage license in Cuyahoga county as she lived in that county on Park Hill Ave.

      Everything she talked about when she could speak she always mentioned Cuyahoga in the conversations.

      We moved from Cleveland in 1945 to California.

      This had been frustrating trying to find out any information I have even tried military records with no luck.

      My mom did say his last name was Roads but not spelled like road.

      Again thank you for the quick search.

      I did find an article about my mom but not the marriage license.

      Monica

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 13, 2013, at 3:50 PM, <lsrastatter@...> wrote:

      Here is a link to the Probate Court of Cuyahoga County although it will not give you a copy of the Marriage Record it will provide you with the the spelling of your fathers last name: http://probate.cuyahogacounty.us/pa/TOS.aspx.  I did a quick look but did not see your Mothers name. The marriage license may have been applied for in another county near by.  If you go to the website http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ohcuyaho/ it lists the adjacent counties.

      As far as my previous post about the Cuyahoga County Library and access the Cleveland Plain Dealer Records you maybe able to create an account at https://sciron.cuyahoga.lib.oh.us/selfreg and have access.

      ---In slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com, <rayandsuzanne@...> wrote:

      Monica --

      I don't live in Cleveland but I think it's very likely the marriage license could have been published in the local paper -- they used to do that in Kansas City when I was younger.

      I'm assuming by your post that they never married?  Have you tried contacting Cuyahoga County to see if they have any record of a license being issued to them?

      Suzanne