3722Re: [S-R] Re: Podhorie

  • John
    May 9, 2001
      At 01:27 AM 5/9/01 -0400, you wrote:

      >I have no information. I have been looking for my Grandfather for many
      >years, with no more information then that he came from Czech., and had it not
      >been for Ellis Island web site opening up, I would not even have the name
      >Podhorie. It was spelled Podhorfe on the Ellis Island site. I was able to

      Linda,

      As Ron said, the normal procedure is to check the phone book for town to
      see if you can find the name. You only need 3 letters of the city to
      search. As a result, this query covered all the Podhorie. This is the
      only Fratrik that showed up under a search of Pod.

      Vincent Frátrik
      5, Podhorie pri Z^iline
      089/5970237

      I think the "pri Z^iline" means the Podhorie near Z^ilina. It is near
      Z^ilina. When I checked for the name in Zilina, I found 33 Fratik
      listed. Good luck.

      Janko

      Janko