37035RE: RE: RE: Search for Military Uniform Pictures

  • rusnakes
    Oct 10, 2013

      Greetings all--

      After my original search and post, as well as pics from Vilo, I just happened upon this text available online with pictures/drawings of military uniforms from 1686 to 1918:

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/19454632/1686-to-1918-Military-Uniforms

      I'm still making my way through the text right now, so I can't say it's a wildly successful search; however, I thought it might be a good resource to have available for the group.

      Emily Rusnak

      ---In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      What we need is someone to open a Photo Folder on S-R on our Yahoo Group page so people can upload examples of uniforms - IDENTIFIED as to period and type of unit represented. Perhaps we can get a collection together that will be useful for people for this recurring problem.

      Most of the questions seem to center on period uniforms from 1860 through 1918, either in the Austrian / Austro-Hungarian army  or Hungarian Honved.
      Perhaps a file with a short history of changes and meanings, and of links to specialty web sites would be in order.

      Please DO identify what is known on the picture itself to assure maximum usefullness.

      ---In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I also would like the pictures.

      ---In slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com, <jkmark@...> wrote:

      Vilo, I would like to see it too!  Can you send it to me as well?  Thanks!