37034RE: RE: Search for Military Uniform Pictures

  • amiak27
    Oct 10, 2013
      What we need is someone to open a Photo Folder on S-R on our Yahoo Group page so people can upload examples of uniforms - IDENTIFIED as to period and type of unit represented. Perhaps we can get a collection together that will be useful for people for this recurring problem.

      Most of the questions seem to center on period uniforms from 1860 through 1918, either in the Austrian / Austro-Hungarian army  or Hungarian Honved.
      Perhaps a file with a short history of changes and meanings, and of links to specialty web sites would be in order.

      Please DO identify what is known on the picture itself to assure maximum usefullness.

      ---In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I also would like the pictures.

      ---In slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com, <jkmark@...> wrote:

      Vilo, I would like to see it too!  Can you send it to me as well?  Thanks!