      From: David Burnisky <burniskyd@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2013 11:31 AM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Slovak Research

      Thanks Margo,

      How does one find the tax rolls on the LDS site?

      Dave

      On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Margo Smith <margolane61@...> wrote:

      Dave, please let me expand on Larry's comments.

      Religious faiths in addition to Roman Catholic also kept records:  Lutheran (AC), Jewish, Greek Catholic, etc.

      By law, the nobility was exempted from taxes.  It was the serfs (colonus, inquilinus) and freed (libertinus) who paid taxes and are listed on the tax rolls of 1828, the 1770s, 1720 and 1715 which are readily available via LDS (1715 and 1720 also online).  The tax rolls list who (heads of household) was where -- it does not specify relationships between people.  The 1869 census is not available for all counties.

      Margo