36835RE: Re: [S-R] Translation of comments/notes please

  • curtbocha
    Sep 22, 2013

       Joe,

      I looked at it again.  The handwriting is really poor and certainly open to interpretation.  I don't see conj.  I see Exeq.  abbrev for exequiae = funeral services.  but checking the date in both deaths and marriages may clear it up.

      Curtb

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Curt, are you sure it refers to death? I took the first word as "conj."
      as in conjuncta (married).

      Joe

      > Nancy,
      >
      > In highly abbreviated Latin it says "this person (the baptized) died on
      > 17 JANUARY 1883 (no. 2).
      >
      > The "no.2" may refer to the burial register number, or maybe a second
      > death that day. Anyway check the death registers for this town and see
      > if Anna's death is listed for that day, though she may have died
      > somewhere else. The note says nothing about place of death.
      >
      > Curt B.
      >

      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >
      > The direct link to this record is:
      > http://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12425-97447-77?cc=1554443&we=M99c-XPY:n1110170749
      > Could some one please look at the following record and tell me what is
      > says in the comments. I can make out some but need some help.
      >
      > Church Records, RC, Presov, Radocov, Baptisms 1796-18-- page 279. The
      > person I am interested in is #6, ANNA, parents Joannes SZTRAKA & Anna
      > Kuchar.
      >
      > Thank you.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic