36788RE: The Zipser area

  • kika3_au
    Sep 19, 2013

      Hi Kate,

      Actually I thought the more useful part of this website was the tombstone and graveyard information. Someone has recorded all the names in each sector of the graveyard. Look for the words Sirok, sirketek in the left-hand side bar. Then click on the sewctor number to open the list of names.

      The Regiszter link in the sidebar  (just above) takes you to what I think is a link to names found in the Locse parish registers.

      Catherine

      --- In slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com, <kate.in.the.desert.88@...> wrote:

      Catherine,

      My mistake!  When I first looked at the page without paying attention to dates, I thought it was just one conference in Vienna, but I see now there were multiple events.  i must peruse that more carefully.  Were you involved with any of the events?

      Kate

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Thank you, Catherine!

      That looks like it must have been a very interesting conference -- I'll examine it more closely.  Thanks for your thoughtfulness.

      Kate

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I just came across this Hungarian site  about Lutherans in Locse in the Szips region that might be of interest. Try pasting the URL into google chrome for automatic translation.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic