      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of hwedhlor
      Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 10:21 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] 1869 Census--birth place names

      Nacy,

      It seems to me that was the 1869 Hungarian census, as
      Slovakia didn't exist as a country until 1993. I'm not
      pro-Hungary or anti-Slovak, just think it's ridiculous not
      to call the records, and place-names, what they were.
      Otherwise it can be very confusing for new researchers
      John Zimmerman
      Mesa, AZ