      From: sepalmer8 <sepalmer8@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 6:16 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Re: May I introduce myself?

      Wow, everyone has been so helpful, Thank you all. I just have to learn how to use this information.
      My Grandfather;s American name was Frank Pollock, but when he came to the US at the age of 8, his name was Pal Polyak, the same name as his father. My grandfather belonged to a Roman Catholic church. Frank was born Oct 7 1901 GGfather Pal Polyak(Paul Polak, Pollock)born Dec 15 1878. Paul states he was born in Latky Slovokia. Frank came to US at a later date with his mother Maria and passenger record states that last residence was Békescsaba. I just don't see any records on the internet for Latky Slovakia. I don't know if I need to request them from the town? I wish there was a list of instructions how to find these records. I am still looking for Maria's maiden name. Thank you all for all the information.I am studying it all and trying to learn