36442Re: new to group

  • John Yowpa III
    Aug 8, 2013
      Welcome to the group, Andrea.

      My ancestors also came from that same area. They were from Maly Lipnik,
      north west over the hills from Plavnica. As mentioned, it is very likely
      that most of us from these villages have shared ancestry. The surnames I am
      researching are Yowpa/Youpa/Joppa, Froelich (and its various spellings),
      Posipanka (not from Maly Lipnik but maybe close), Lasky and its various
      iterations, and Osifchin. Let me know if you come across any of these
      families as it appears some of my ancestors spent time in Plavnica and
      Stara Lubovna.

      I recently joined the group as well and will tell you that the emails and
      posts are great not only because of the help you can get, the help you can
      give others but also because of the great stories and friendly advice you
      get. It is fun to read emails from those embarking on genealogy research
      and wondering if somehow their ancestors and your ancestors may have traded
      or talked in the past. It is also great to hear about trips people are
      taking and it makes me yearn for a trip to Europe when my kids are older!

      Have a great day.

      --
      John Yowpa III