36321Re: Looking for information for the towns of Újváros, Nove Mesto, and Male Salance

  • genmom4
    Jul 18, 2013
      Dear Larry,
      I found the birth for Jan Dzurovcak on 1 April 1893.
      Parents: Janos Jan Dzurovcak and Maria Matej.
      I could not find a marriage in the registry, unfortunately.
      The birth records on this particular film only begin at 1871, so I could not check back further than that for Andras Dolgos.
      The age for Mary seems rather young if they were married and came over in 1890. I could not find a marriage for Dolgos/Sienko on the film. (Could the surname possibly be Szenko?) I didn't find that either, but wondered nonetheless.

      I took photos of the film with my phone. I cannot guarantee the quality but should be able to sent them to your private e-mail address.

      Barbara

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <lsrastatter@...> wrote:

      > I have been trying to locate the above towns and the counties/districts that they are or may have located in. The first two towns are associated with my wife's 2Great Grandfather Jan Dzurovcak and are from his naturalization records and letters he sent home. His birth date is April 1, 1893.
      >
      > The second town is a lot more questionable for me. It is associated with my wife's other 2Great Grandfather whose name is Andras Dolgos/Dolcos. According to the records that I have found he was born in 1868 in Male Salance, him and his wife Mary Sienko (1875) immigrated to America in 1890 had two children and then went back to Hungary in 1905 with the children. Their daughter, Anna, came back to America in 1913 and she married Jan Dzurovcak.
      >
      > I would like to thank you all in advance for what ever help you can provide.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic