36278Re: Josephus Joseph Waradzyn Waradzin Varadzin and WWI

  • gene62cu
    Jul 12, 2013
      Thanks very much for the information regarding KLADZAN family members found in the Slovak 1995 Census. Yes, my family lived in village Vinne in the mid 1880s. I was able to confirm this via a microfilm search of church records photographed by LDS volunteers.

      In later years my family settled in western Pennsylvania, other KLADZANs, cousins, re-located in New Jersey. Interestingly in the US Census of 1900 my family's surname was spelled KLADZAN, however in the Census of 1910 they were listed as KLODZEN, a spelling that for us remains today. Our New Jersey cousins retain the original spelling.

      Thanks again for your very helpful information,

      Eugene Klodzen