36241Re: Josephus Joseph Waradzyn Waradzin Varadzin and WWI

  • Zuzana
    Jul 8, 2013
      Hi,
      did you try Vojensky historicky ustav (The Institute of Military History), Krajna 27, Bratislva? They have some WW1 records. Here is the link:

      http://www.vhu.sk/index.php?ID=659

      If you need translation, just let me know.
      Zuzana

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "larryaugustyn@..." <larryaugustyn@...> wrote:

      > My Grand Uncle Josephus Waradzyn was Baptized 15 December 1885 in Lechnica, Ke┬×marok, Slovakia. According to the family narrative written by my Aunt Helena Augustyn, Josephus died fighting in WWI. That would make his death sometime between 1915-1918 I assume. Is there a good source for Slovakian (or at that time, Hungarian) soldiers of WWI? This is all the information I have on him. His parents were my Great Grandparents Jozef Waradyn and Anna Mejer Waradzyn. There is the expected variations on the surname -- "Waradzin, Varadzin, Waradzy". I do not know if he was married at the time of death -- he would have been around 30-35 years old. Any leads as to WWI casualty info would be appreciated. Thank you!

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic