36234Re: [S-R] Josephus Joseph Waradzyn Waradzin Varadzin and WWI

  • larryaugustyn@att.net
    Jul 8, 2013
      Thank you Peter. I know Joseph was Baptized in Lechnica in December 1885, but what town the family actually lived in is unclear although obviously nearby. Did they only require single men to fight or were all men below a certain age required? In America and Canada, men who had dependents were required to register but not to fight unless they wanted to. Joseph was in his young 30's when WWI began. I am thinking that suggests he did not have a family, or he may have volunteered anyway. As I say, I am not hopeful I will find much info on his military activity or his exact death. The records seem to be spread out between too many authorities. If you do spot anything, though, please let me know, and thank you again.