36139Re: Moderation of Messages

  • Ron
    Jul 3, 2013

      Unfortunately we do not have many house keeping tools. The best we can do is delete messages on the forum, but that does not delete those copies that were sent out by email.

      Incidentally, "My Trip to Uzhgorod" may or may not have started as genealogy related, but it seems to have turned into a self promotion of the blog. That is not very courteous to the 1,000+ members who signed up for EXCLUSIVELY genealogy discussions. For general Slovak and Uzhgorod topics, I strongly suggest Slovak-World. It is an excellent general all-Slovak topics forum.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "t.salony" <t.salony@...> wrote:
      > Moderators,
      > I'll try this again, hopefully more clearly.
      > Does a moderator have the ability to separate/MOVE a post that is a totally different topic than the thread in which is has been posted?
      > Example: "ZLAMALA from OSUSKE" Topic at this moment has 14 posts, only 4 of which are responses to the topic. For whatever reason, there is another topic, "My trip to Uzhgorod ", imbedded within the original topic.
      > Notice I'm not referring to some posts that have "wandered" from the original.
      > TOM
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" <carl.kotlarchik@> wrote:
      > >
      > > We didn't mean to scare everyone away by moderating group messages but we have not had any postings in about a week. So, it may be time to open things back up. Messages will no longer be moderated unless we start getting spammed again. So let's get back to our genealogy.
      > > CK

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic