      From: John Yowpa III <johnyowpa.iii@...>
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: Fwd: Unable to deliver your message
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 5:56 AM

      Sorry for the subject, I registered with my gmail address with a "." in the
      middle but wrote the list without it. So it triggered a "cannot be
      delivered" and I had to forward the text back to the list serv but forgot
      to change the subject.
      You are correct, it is Alpha, NJ :)
      thank you for the welcome, everyone, and personal responses as well.

      On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 3:01 AM, t.salony <t.salony@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi John,
      >
      > Welcome to the group.
      > Are you sure that shouldn't be Alpha, NJ, instead of PA ?
      >
      > TOM
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, John Yowpa III <johnyowpa.iii@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > Just writing a quick message as an introduction to the list. My name is
      > > John Yowpa III. I live in Buffalo, NY, USA and I am originally from
      > > Piscataway, NJ. I just started researching my family. Currently, I am
      > > interested in researching the roots of my family name - Yowpa. I have
      > been
      > > wanting to research both sides of my family for quite some time and
      > > recently got a packet of research done on my mother's side of the family.
      > > With that information and the free military search this weekend at
      > ancestry
      > > I figured I would start. I know that my great grandfather came to the USA
      > > from Maly Lipnik in current Slovakia. An interesting story relating to
      > the
      > > name is that the original change was from Joppa to Youpa and a clerical
      > > error at Ellis Island made Timothy Yowpa and family have a different name
      > > than the relatives who settled in Alpha, Pennsylvania and Warren, NJ.
      > > Just wanted to say hello and I hope everyone is doing well. I am sure I
      > > will have questions down the road but wish to look at all the information
      > > in the group before asking anything.
      > > Have a great holiday weekend.
      > > Sincerely,
      > > John Yowpa III, MD