      From: ctverdov <tverdov@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Fri, May 10, 2013 11:17 pm
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: where is this or what is it? Kassa

      Hi,

      My grandmother was born in Kassa ( pronounced Kasha) in 1901. At that time it was still part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. After World War I it became part of Czechoslovakia. Today it is called Kosice and is located in Slovakia. They are one and the same places.

      I hope this helps.

      Catherine

      ctverdov
      tverdov@...