35911Re: [S-R] Ancestors returning to homeland

  • MGMojher
    May 8, 2013
      Surnames in Slovak have a male and female form. Seminsky is male, Seminska is female.

      From: Robert Wyland
      Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:16 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Ancestors returning to homeland

      Thank you for the lead concerning the German ship manifests. My great grandmother sailed out of Bremen and Hamburg in 1901 and 1909. Her name is misspelled on each of those manifest sailings coming into Ellis Island but I have confirmed it is her and her children. I have NOT found her in Velky Saris records through Family Search; however her children later came to the US and entered Velky Saris as their home in the 20's and 30's. Her name is Maria (Mary) Seminsky, and her grave stone says Maria Seminska , died 1943. Again, many thanks. Wanda