35746Re: [S-R] New Member - Scorby/Scerba/Scorba and Bartko

  • Karin Weiss
    Apr 11 9:47 AM
      RD -

      Good point about the religion, since I still have no proof of the
      family. I have a busy schedule the next couple days and weekend, but am
      putting a note in my calendar for Monday to make a call or calls to
      Lutheran/Evangelical churches in the Streator area to see what I might
      be able to find.

      And I have ordered the book through ILL - it does look like it should be
      very interesting and quite possibly helpful - especially the references
      - those are often a gold mine. Streator is a town with a fascinating
      history, but I really did not know about the Scottish part of it. That
      is particularly interesting, given that when John got to Washington
      state he married a woman of Scottish descent whose father was also a miner.

      Karin Schuette Weiss