35713Re: Military Records?

  • Carl
    Apr 8, 2013
      Bob,
      The Austro-Hungarian Army did not participate in any wars between the Seven Weeks War in 1866 and WWI. There were revolts in the Balkans where the Army was involved. One possibility is that Joseph was ill. Many soldiers died of disease.

      Military records are available to genealogists. Here is a link to a site that describes how to research these records.
      http://ahmilitary.blogspot.com

      Unfortunately, Hungary kept the personnel records for their own soldiers after 1867 and these have been lost.

      CK