35663Re: [S-R] Re: WW2 Drivers Licenses and Auto Registrations, Chicago Illinois

  • Margo Smith
    Apr 3, 2013
      Tom, never underestimate the paper trail.  A few years ago, I was pursued by a collection agency looking for a fellow I don't know who has the same common surname as mine.  Suspecting attempted identity theft, I contacted my local municipal police.  It turns out that the fellow had a whole bunch of traffic/parking tickets in another municipality and they wanted him to pay up.  They found out that he had lived at some time in the same large apartment building in another county and suburb where I lived during the 70s.  They found out I had lived there from my old drivers license, and using the drivers license records tracked me to my current address. So they assumed we were related.  Of course, this is not the same as getting drivers license records from the 30s when licenses were first issued.

      Margo