35643[S-R] Re: Vladimirova and Okruhle

  • CurtB
    Mar 29, 2013
      Patricia,
      Perhaps you misunderstood my comments. It was here in the United States where most of the people from the area joined the Russian Orthodox church that they started calling the village Vladimirova. It seemed to catch on, many used it, and you can still find people here using that name for the village. As far as I know it was always called Ladomirova in Hungary and then Slovakia, situated on the Ladomirka river. That is why you can't find citations for the Vladimirova name in any source documents, but only in American usage.

      Curt B.