      From: MGMojher <mgmojher@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 10:12 AM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: Gomorrakos descendants Sipos

      I know longer know what they are charging for a search. Before they charged by the hour. That is why having as much information as possible helps. From my experience it has been easier to get things from the archives via the internet that it was going to the archives.

      The alternatives would be to hire a genealogist to go to the archive for you. They charge in the $20 an hour range, plus mileage. So a day could cost between $100 and $200 dollars.

      The Sekretariat is Slovak for Secretary, in the case for State Archives at Banska Bystrica. http://www.archivneusohl.sk/kontakt is a link to the kontakt/contact page, in general, for the Banska Bystrica archives. Headings: Vaše meno (povinné) / Your name (required), Váš email (povinné) / Your e-mail address (required), Predmet / Subject, Vaša správa / Your message and Odoslat / Send.

      If you have Google Translate you can translate you message. Paste the translation below your English version. Keep the sentences simple. Be precise in what you want done, providing all information you have. And ask for price to do a search.

      Here is an alternative e-mail address
      Státny archív v Banskej Bystrici
      Komenského ulica č. 26,
      P.O.BOX 224, pošta 1, 974 01