      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of CurtB
      Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 10:17 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Re: 1910 census

      Rick,

      I found them by looking in the census, though you cannot attach items to
      your messages to Slovak-Roots; rather you normally have to upload images to
      files or photos.

      As you can see from what is written all over this and other nearby pages,
      the census taker in that district was challenged by the linguistic and
      country of origin problems. He clearly doesn't understand what to do with
      it. This is a common problem in the census with Slovaks. They are sometimes
      called just Austrians, sometimes called Hungarians, and sometimes
      Slovenians, and on occasion just Slovak.

      He is writing Aus[trian] Slavonic, for place of origin, as well as language
      spoken for lots of other people, as well as Mary Komar.

      Curt B.

      , "Rick Mayernik" <rmayer@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > Inserted here is a page from 1910 US census. I sectioned off the portion
      > that applies only to my Great Grandparents.
      >
      > What is written for language spoken for Mary Kamer (Komar)? All others
      > listed appear to be English, but I cannot decipher for my Great
      Grandmother.

      > Also, I am trying to obtain marriage document or immigration papers for
      Mary