      From: CurtB <curt67boc@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 4:38 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Translation of marriage certificate

      Natasha,
      This is not a marriage certificate, but the actual sacramental record of the marriage. You do not tell us where you got the photocopy and the page does not actually tell us the name of the church or place of marriage. Don't you already have this, or how else did you get this page? Tell us more.

      The headings of the columns are in Latin, but the page is written Rusyn. Vasil's parents are named Peter & Anastasia, and they are Greek Catholics. Anna's parents are named Peter and Maria Lata and they are Roman Catholics.

      The place of residence of these people, as most people on the page seems to be Prolinia, unless I misread the handwriting.

      The witnesses of the marriage are Georgi Kusintske, a Greek Catholic and Nikolai Lata, a Roman Catholic.

      The very next entry for marriage on the page, seems to be the same Nikolai Lata getting married a few days later.

      Curt B.