35391Re: [S-R] download utility for FAMILY SEARCH

  • hmsbob
    Mar 8, 2013
      i clicked on the url and it came up FORBIDDEN you do not have
      permission to access.

      In a message dated 3/8/2013 10:45:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      dcolello@... writes:

      I just tried out the download utility below and it works wonderfully!
      I'm in the process of downloading all the church and census records for the
      hometowns I'm interested in. No issues at all so far. Pictures are saved
      with filenames in numerical order and there's also an index text file that
      includes the location from which they were downloaded along with the
      date/time of download.

      Aside from installing Java on you machine (a single click plus a simple
      install process), there's no other changes needed. (However, since Java has
      known security holes, I'd suggest disabling Java in your browser or
      uninstalling it altogether once you are done downloading your records.)

      David