      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Judy
      Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 10:28 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] New "Street Views" on Slovakia Google Maps now available

      Thanks Michael for your caution against putting too much weight in the numbers on the current houses. I do recall the past SR discussions about the house numbers. From the looks of most of the homes, I didn't think that they would have been the actual homes from the 1800; they were just too current. But I did assume that a current-day house with a certain number would have simply replaced a much older home with the same number on that spot. So that a current house #17 would be on the spot that an 1800 house #17 would have been.

      It was still wonderful to see the villages as they are now - how the houses are situated so closely to the road, the overall size of the village, where the church was, apparent scarcity of businesses, the overall look as far as vegetation, hills, mountains etc.

      Judy