35367Re: New "Street Views" on Slovakia Google Maps now available

  • John
    Mar 8, 2013
      It can be a struggle to get the younger generation to be interested in their family history. The new Google Earth Street Views gave me an idea.

      This morning at 9:57, I sent a family email saying that there was a contest with a prize for those under age 20 and a different prize for anyone over age 20. On Google Earth Street View, they were to determine the brand of beer sold at cousin Frantisek's pub in Senne. In 42 minutes, 10 year old Kirsten had the answer. Three minutes later, Ethan, age 28, Canadian, studying in England but today visiting Switzerland, answered Saris correctly.

      Ain't technology wonderful?

      > Wow! The new Street View is just great. It would be better if there were street names in the small villages but that isn't the fault of Google Earth. There is a bit of a learning curve on manipulating the direction of travel with your mouse wheel but it works and will be used at upcoming family get togethers.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic