35339Re: [S-R] Re: Csutek, Cutek, Shutek, Shudic

  • hmsbob
    Feb 28, 2013
      St. Clair is not in the Pittsburg Diocese. Belive it is in the Allentown
      Diocese.

      In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:26:14 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      hogelj@... writes:

      Were they Roman Catholic?
      If so, and they were married in the U.S. and lived in St. Clair, Pa., then
      there is a good possibility that you may be able to obtain marriage
      information (not a marriage certificate, but a transcription of what is recorded
      in the sacramental records) from the Diocese of Pittsburgh Archives Center.
      Below is a link to their web page regarding requesting a search for
      genealogy relevant records:
      _http://diopitt.org/office-archives-and-record-center/information-genealogis
      ts_
      (http://diopitt.org/office-archives-and-record-center/information-genealogists)
      Though not Joseph's marriage, this may be of interest to you:
      Marriage of Anna Warshowa & John Kurtz found on FamilySearch under
      Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885-1950.

      --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)

      (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) , "t.salony" wrote:

      > > Deborah,
      > > [ pssst....what was your grandfather's given name? lol ]

      > > Does this mean you found his arrival manifest? >
      > > Is "1982" a typo = should have been 1882", OR a transposition =
      > should have been "1892"?
      > >
      > > *** Are you familiar with St. Clair, Pa as destination for any of the
      > family? For example:
      > > CZUTIK, Jakob, 18 y.o., leaving his grandmother, Anna Czutik, in
      > Klubin, arriving Apr.18, 1911 to stepfather, Josef ?Harsava? in St.
      > Clair, Pa
      > am so glad that was caught!!! And yes, after ten years of searching,
      > I did find the manifest and it was the same one you mentioned. I have
      > found the Birth/ Baptismal records for him, Jacobus Csutek, and his
      > mother, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
      > When Anna came to America, she shortly married Joseph Warsava and lived
      > in St Clair, PA. I cannot find the marriage certificate anywhere, and I
      > finally found their census in St Clair in 1900 and 1910 ( the 1900's
      > census, the name was pretty illegible, but everthing else fit) They had
      > a large family there. The name Warsava was changed several times.
      > Warshour Varshour, Warshaeva, Warshous, were altenate spellings on the
      > names of their children's marriage liscensces. I have not yet found all
      > of these children. And I have found no records for Annie. the present
      > families have no photos of her<<<<
      >

      > _http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftif\
      _ (http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=/cgi-bin/tif) >
      2gif.exe%3FT%3D\\\\192.168.100.11\\images\\T715-1662\\T715-16620941.TIF%\

      (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com) , "Deborah" dljillustrations@