35129Re: [S-R] Genealogists

  • htcstech
    Feb 2, 2013
      Hello Robert,
      Not wanting to waste your time or efforts, but I want to clarify how early
      you have gone back searching for Anna's father in Vlkovce prior to 'the mid
      1810's'? On that, were there any Petrustsak (Petruscsak-Petrusczak) at all
      in the village? That would help determine if the family's home town was
      Vlkovce or not.
      Another consideration is that Anna married an Evangelical. There is a
      tradition of sorts that still occurs in some places, that the female
      children are baptised Catholic, while the males are baptised Evangelical
      (Calvanist/Lutheran) in mixed marriages. This came about as a reaction to
      the counter-reformation. Anna's father may of been born a Lutheran and
      married a Catholic.
      Any results looking for Anna's mother?
      If you are satisfied that there's nothing much more you can do, then a
      professional is a good idea.

      Peter M.