35083Re: TRISIK/ TRISICK / TRESICK / TURAK relatives

  • Bette
    Jan 26, 2013
      Hi Peter,
      Thanks for replying so quickly. I thought that I would get FRANK TRISIK's immigration info when I received his Army pension packet from the National Archives Trust Fund in DC, but it was not included. I know that after the 1880s, immigrants increasingly came from Eastern European countries and many of these "aliens" enlisted in the US Army so they could become naturalized. US 1910 census said Frank came to the US in 1891 and was an NA.

      The family search's listings for Metz Trisick and Anna Tresick was probably from obtained from Frank and Kittie's Aug. 1905 Iowa marriage record of which I have a copy. In the 1990's my daughter-in-law did a lot of research on the Frank Triscik family at LDS Genealogy Libraries in Utah and we have copies of his marriage record 1905, his wife's and 2 daughter's death records, 1907 & 1914, and Frank's death record 1917 all from Monroe and Wapello counties in Iowa.
      The informant for Frank's death was listed as Andy Trisik, but I think this was not correct. I think it was his brother-in-law, Andy Turak. My uncle George Trisik, 1907 -1974, who was 10 when his father died always remembered the most about his family. He said that Frank Trisik had a sister who was married to Andrew Turak and they lived in Hynes, Iowa also. He also said they moved back to PA . Just this past year I finally found an Andrew Turak who had lived in both Iowa and PA and his wife was Elizabeth Tresick. I'm really sure that she is my great Aunt.
      Thanks again for your suggestions and I will look into Birth archives for the town via family search and start squinting for TR names. I have done some of that but I was looking at every record....didn't see where TR names were listed.
      Bette

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, htcstech wrote:

      > Hello Bette,
      > Welcome to the group.
      > I've had a quick look in Ancestry.com and found, (as you probably know)
      > that there is no probable immigration record, considering he joined the
      > army in 1900 close enough to the age of 20. Dates are either too early or
      > much too late. There was a Joseph Tresek's declaration of intent 9th July
      > 1877 and Anna Trecik 1879 arrival beforehand but no arrivals afterwards
      > until past the turn of the century.
      > I also saw family search's listings for Metz Trisick and Anna Tresick.

      The hope I see is if Elizabeth Trescik was Frank's sister, then in all
      > likelyhood, her place of birth was also Frank's.

      There isn't a town in current day Slovakia beginning with a Y - but there