35082Re: [S-R] Re: TRISIK/ TRISICK / TRESICK / TURAK relatives

  • lrrykck
    Jan 26, 2013
      Bette

       I think you should look seriously into what Frank mentioned.

       He has a way of looking at the big picture.

       Frank is also spelled Frantisek. Slovak, being a spoken language, is more about how words sound than how they are put to paper.

       There are also problems translating Slavic languages  into English.

        So, an immigrant,  saying the word Frantisek could very easily have been interpreted as Frank trisik.

       Maybe nothing is going to make much sense without some kind of documentaion from the old country.

       larry