      From: John <johnqadam@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:35 AM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] SIP hometown translation from manifests

      I am really glad that you pinpointed the villages. I was just going along the same path on the 1910 Ung Megye map.

      That's the good news. Now comes the letdown. Access to the records in Ukraine is a lost cause in my opinion. However, rooting around in a group dedicated to research in Ukraine may prove me wrong.

      The relevant governemnt archive is in Uzhorod. zak_archiv@...
      The director is (or was) Mykhailo Vasyl'ovych Delehan arhiv_uzh@...

      If you ever succeed in accessing any info in the Uzhorod archive, please come back and let us know how you did it. There is a list of us that want some info from the 1869 Hungarian Census, Ung Megye, which is thought to be in his archive.

      Good luck -- but don't hold your breath.