34971Re: [S-R] Re: Missing Online 1869 Census Records have restrictions

  • htcstech
    Jan 4, 2013
      John,
      That's what I thought too, that there are already Zemplen records online
      and Dubravka missed out for some reason.
      Maybe an email to the Presov archive requesting them to allow the LDS to
      put it online might be a strategy. The LDS and Curt have suggested that the
      archive custodians have restricted access. I think it is your right to ask
      why.
      I'm waiting for Pozsony megye to come online, although I would want the
      whole of the pre-Trianon territories in a perfect world, fully and
      accurately indexed :) I haven't yet started on my mother's side and they
      stretch from Romania to the Ukraine. Maybe in another lifetime.

      Peter M.