34965Re: [S-R] Re: Missing Online 1869 Census Records have restrictions

  • htcstech
    Jan 3, 2013
      Hello Curt.

      If the Hungarians have the missing records for some Slovak villages and the
      Slovaks refuse to give permission to release what they do have on-line then
      both are acting very childish in my opinion. If the Hungarians don't have
      the missing records, then, according to the current Slovak policy, no other
      records under their control will go on-line in the disputed territories.
      This is not a matter of missing sources. The original question was why
      Dubvravka is not available online. There was no satisfactory answer except
      that the physical films are available.
      For some reason, the Slovaks or Hungarians do not want the Dubravka records
      to go on-line. Whether this is some kind of Trump card the Slovaks are
      trying to play makes no sense.

      Peter M.