34959Missing Online 1869 Census Records have restrictions

  • John
    Jan 1, 2013
      Here's a strange response from LDS on the subject of 1869 Hungarian Census films that DO NOT appear online. The logic evades me.

      BTW, I used Dubravka, Zemplen Megye as an example in my query.

      ******

      Thank you for contacting FamilySearch regarding records from the 1869 Hungary Census, Zemplen that are recorded in the Catalog, but are not yet available online.

      We checked the film and discovered that the record custodians have restricted film number 722688 from online access at this time. You may order the film to a nearby FamilySearch Center by following the instructions in this link: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Ordering_Microfilm_or_Microfiche. Please be sure to call the FamilySearch Center to assure that they have the equipment needed to view the film once it comes in.

      We hope this information is helpful in your understanding of our records. We wish you well in the New Year.

      Sincerely,

      FamilySearch
      Research Assistance
      support@...