34955Re: [S-R] Re: Family Search on-line records

  • Nick Kerpchar
    Jan 1, 2013
      Sorry Ron, I should have been more specific.  What has changed is that I cannot find Orosz Vol'ya (now called Ruska Vols nad Popradom).  The other village, Cisrcs (now called Circ) has been moved under Sabinov county.  Both Circ and Ruska Vols were both under Stara L'ubovna county previously.   Nick

      From: Ron <amiak27@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 4:50 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Family Search on-line records

      I have recently been looking at the same records except for Sulin. What changes are you asking about?

      The only change I note from what they had years ago is that 1) it is indexed now and much easier to search for a name; 2) they totally changed the numbering system of the films, eg. what may have been 4406960_397 in 2010 may now be digital folder number: 004406960
      image number: 00397

      https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://www.familysearch.org/searchapi/search/collection/1554443

      Can you define what you think changed?

      Ron