34859Not related RE: [S-R] Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

  • Frank R Plichta
    Dec 22, 2012
      I agree that Christ may not have been born on December 25th. The calendar
      we use today is significantly different that the calendar used 2,000+ years
      ago. The calendar has gone thru several revisions in addition to the
      changes from the Jewish Lunar Calendar, the Julian Calendar and the
      Gregorian Calendar.

      The date was not the question or issue.

      I was referring to the previous posting including Hanukkah and Christmas in
      the same statement. It appeared they were being used as related events.
      Their genealogy is so diverse that they are not even step-children. (Let's
      keep the discussion on genealogy.)

      Any other points to consider?

      Frank

      _____

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
      ] On
      Behalf Of Miss Joanne E Fletcher
      Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 11:44 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [S-R] Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

      Hi,

      Just wishing everyone a Merry Cristmas, Happy Hanuka and happy new year.

      Joanne E Fletcher