      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Frank R Plichta
      Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:41 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [S-R] Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

      Joanne,

      A few points to consider:

      1. Hanukkah has nothing to do with Christmas the birth of our Savior Jesus
      Christ.

      2. In 2013 it was celebrated from November 27 to December 5. The dates are
      set by the Jewish Lunar Calendar and change every year.

      3. It is a celebration commemorating the rededication of the Holy Temple in
      Jerusalem at the time of the Maccabean Revolt on the 2nd century. A
      celebration of lights where oil for one day lasted 8 days.

      Enjoy the Holidays.

      Frank

      _____

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
      ] On
      Behalf Of Miss Joanne E Fletcher
      Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 11:44 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [S-R] Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

      Hi,

      Just wishing everyone a Merry Cristmas, Happy Hanuka and happy new year.

      Joanne E Fletcher